Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lovely Montreal




I just returned from my cousin Peggy and Johnny's wedding in Montreal. And I am ashamed to say I do not have one picture to post, although I did have my handy and compact camera with me. Thank you to my brother Darryl who sent this amazing photo of one of the beautiful stained glass windows in the lovely Montreal Church where my cousin was married.

At any rate, it was a beautiful event, a beautiful couple, and I and my family rejoice with this latest marriage. It was especially gratifying for me to be able physically to attend the event. Although I missed some major action, belly dancing included, I feel lucky to have been present to share in the day and to see so many of my amazing family members.

For me, it is action week.... tomorrow (Wednesday) I have the CT scan that will determine how I am actually doing. Given my own assessment of my physical state, I am pretty sure that the best I can hope for will be a stable situation. I fear I am too symptomatic right now to enjoy any reduction in disease. However, the CT will tell the story, and I meet with my oncologist Monday to determine next steps.....

The reduced dosage of Xeloda has provided relief from pain in my feet, although the skin is cracked and peeling, I think it is improving. So that is a good thing! And, today was my last day of Cycle 6 of the drug, so the next week "off" chemo is a welcome thing too.

As the saying goes, I am "hanging in there".......

Cheers Joanne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Joanne,
Thanks for the update. It was great to see you in Montreal. I will try to forward a picture for you. Best wishes for today and monday.
Darryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne,
So great to see you in Montreal. Wonderful visit but,as always, too short. I got a few good pics and am learning to email them so will try to send you some without crashing any computers. Hope the scan goes well today.
Patti

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
I love the picture - where is it from? We are thinking about you and hoping that the scan went well today and that you start to feel better on your week off.
Really looking forward to seeing you next week!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne: It was great to see you and Michelle in Montreal. Yes that church was beautiful.
We wish you good luck with this scan and keep on hangin' in there girl !! We are hangin' with you!
P & G

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne,
It was great seeing you and Michelle in Montreal - another wonderful family event! Hope you get some relief on your week off and that the scan results are encouraging. Love, Nick & Lorraine

apprentice said...

That's a beautiful window. I'm so glad you had such a great trip.

I hope the scan goes well and that you get the best possible result.

Here Matt has his school leavers graduation dinner on Saturday and then next week he flies to Spain on holiday with four other friends.

Take care

Love
Anna