Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hello Joanne's Blog "fans" - sorry for lack of communication

We've been busy at the new house and it is going very well..... my mom has been working tirelessly, and my great friend, Anne, also spent a long day of hard labour with the unpacking......... and boy has that made a difference.... when you are unpacking alone it seems so overwhelming, you just want to sit and cry more than once during a day.... but with "outside" help it just makes a world of difference.....

A few more days should have the whole house done, but we already are happily living in the two main levels, almost everything is "good to go".... I am headed back to Winnipeg - another treatment on Tuesday and I have the "big scan" (CT rescan) on Thursday.

We do not have internet until later this week, we will have new email addresses at that time. I'll figure out how to create a link to the new addresses once I am back at my computer.....

Thank you everyone for leaving your comments, it is very exciting for me!!!

Cheers - Joanne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that the move is going well....good luck this week.
Darryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne!

We're thinking of you all as you make your big move! Thank you so much for the medallion you sent -- you made my day! It really means a lot. Best wishes this week -- you'll be in our prayers.
Dana, Ralph and Anna

apprentice said...

Great to hear you are in, don't overdo things. I'll be thinking of you when the scan and next treatment comes around, hoping with all my heart that the treatment is doing its job.

Nieves got good news that her mets had stabilised again, hoping the good vibe will carry across the pond to you.

Love as ever

Anna

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new house Auntie Joanne!
We did a garage sale and we got $400 for the Breast Cancer Foundation. It was very fun. We sold a whole bunch of our toys and some pink lemonade and some cookies.
I hope you are feeling better - I can't wait to see you again.
Love, Laurel

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Joanne. Looks like you have a big week behind you and a big one ahead of you! Glad to hear the move went well - look forward to seeing you in Regina if you are back when we are there. We all continue to be with you in spirit.
Love, Nick & Lorraine, Calgary

Anonymous said...

Your house is great. Thanks for the tour. Even with the move and all, your have more energy than most of us. We will be thinking of you this week and hope the scan is a good one. Take care of yourself.
P & G

Anonymous said...

HI Joanne, I will call you and see if we're plans are still the same.....I'll call the kids for your new number. Take Care we're all thinking about you !!!

D&J

Anonymous said...

GEEZ, I REALLY DIDN'T THINK THAT IT WOULD WORK THIS TIME......I FORGOT TO SAY THAT LANE WANTS TO COME TOO.....WILL CRAIG BE IN REGINA AT ALL IN AUGUST??? DAMN THOSE BOYS FOR GRADUATING - NOW IT WILL BE REALLY HARD FOR THEM TO HOOK UP. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING OK AND THAT ALL THE NEWS IS GOOD!
LUV YA
D&J

Anonymous said...

Wow you have accomplished alot in a short time. I am sure those children in the mini move will be glad to have you back in Winnipeg every week. You need to buy them a freezer and fill them up. Take care of yourself, not too much worrying. JT