Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanksgiving


Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We certainly did. Both Michelle and Craig were home for the weekend, and we had a wonderful time together as a family again. My mom cooked a spectacular meal, which was enjoyed by us as well as my Aunt, Peggy and 3 of her kids. My grandfather was also well enough to attend, which was really amazing and wonderful. Unfortunately, I am the one who didn't make it to thanksgiving dinner.... that day I had a lot of bone pain (side effect of the Neupogen shots) and I just wasn't able to get enough morphine in me to be able to move comfortably AND be lucid. Anyway, that was small detail, I still enjoyed the entire weekend.


We are all very saddened to hear of the death of my cousin Patricia's husband, John Sinclair. One of Patricia's aunt's also died recently (as it happens this is also the mother of one of my friends and fellow book club member, Michelle) My heart goes out to Pat, Michelle and their families as they cope with these deaths.


Things are stable with me. On Thursday I have the MUGA (heart) scan, next week is the CT. The worst of the "chemo" crap side effects are mostly over, and I feel pretty decent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had time as a family over Thanksgiving weekend. I too value spending time with my husband and kids. Your last photo was wonderful. I hope that you continue to have positive results. As always, I am thinking of you, Starbucks, and books. Take care of yourself. I look forward to your next posting. Your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Carla

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne,
Great to hear you are feeling good and are recovering well from the Chemo. Good luck with your scan today.
Glad to hear everyone had a good time at Thanksgiving. We had a good one at Colleen's too.
My sympathies go out to Patricia as well.
Thinking about you,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Greetings from CA! Glad to hear that you are feeling OK and that you had such a nice family weekend. We are also thoroughly enjoying our visit with Sean, Molly and Joel. Hope MUGO results are positive. We are also saddened to hear of Patsy's loss(es). We are keeping all of them in our prayers and are with them in spirit at John's funeral today. We'll be heading home first thing Monday morning. Bye for now and hi to all! Love, Lorraine

apprentice said...

Glad to here it was a good family time. Sorry to learn you had that level of pain. Hope your medical team can find a way to reduce it for you without the lousy side-effects.

Good luck with the tests. I'm away north for a few days, volunteering at Drum castle again with my friend from Skye.

I'll look in next week to see how they went.

Sorry for your family and friend's losses.

Much love
Anna