Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Disappointmet already

Yesterday I was supposed to have my third Gemzar treatment, but my white blood cell count was too low and so the treatment was cancelled.

It's a weird feeling.... chemo is not something that is fun to do, but it is still upsetting to have it cancelled, seems like a bad sign.

Apparently though, it is very common with the drugs I am on to have this happen. My oncologist is unconcerned, and told me to view it as a sign that the chemo is "making stuff happen in there".... she will likely do a dose reduction for my next treatment so that this doesn't happen again.

Joanne's quote of the day: "We must never despair: Our situation has been compromised before, and it has changed for the better; so I trust it will again" - George Washington

No comments: